A surprising city
Le Havre and its region are full of surprises that make the everyday life more enjoyable, unlike the prejudices still widespread against the city.
A 2-km long beach in the town centre
- 5-min away from the City Hall by walk, accessible by the tramway
- All the watersports available: sailing, paddle, kitesurf, rowing, canoe-kayak...
- A lively seafront during summer: cafés and restaurants, skate park, jazz and street art festivals...
- Near famous seaside towns such as Deauville, Trouville, Etretat, Honfleur…
- One of the shortest average commuting time in France (19 min vs 26 min for comparable conurbations and 36 min for Paris region)
- Awarded by "40 millions d'automobilistes" association as the best French city of more than 100,000 inhabitants for driving
- A dense and multimodal transport network: tramway, buses, funicular, regional train, transport on demand…
- 110-km bike paths
One of the greenest cities in France
- 750-ha of gardens and parks into the city, more than 40 m² per resident
- 300-km hiking paths into Le Havre conurbation
- Exceptional ecosystems: the Seine estuary natural reserve, "Boucles de la Seine Normande" regional nature park
Culture, sport, going-out…
- Among 450 sport associations
- Muma (Modern Art museum), the 2nd biggest impressionnist collection after the Orsay museum (Paris)
- Le Havre city centre and Etretat hikes both listed to the UNESCO World Heritage
- Le Havre and Fécamp classified "Town of Art and History"
- Music, cinema and street art festivals
Welcome and support for newly-arrived employees : F.A.R.E. by CCI
FARE by CCI is a device set up by the CCI Seine Estuaire to facilitate professional mobility.
It supports employees from outside to facilitate their integration in the territory: presentation and visit of the territory, support in the search for housing, for the employment of the spouse, in the choice of schools and care methods ...